Baked Brie Minis
There’s isn’t much that I like more than cheese; I feel like I’ve made that abundantly clear to you. So it shouldn’t be a surprise when I tell you that I baked it. I took creamy brie, topped with sweet cherry preserves and wrapped the whole thing in buttery puff pastry.
But it was New Year’s Eve! If there is ever a time to wrap cheese in puff pastry, that’s it. Isn’t it? Yes.
This is also the first post you’ve seen shot with my new camera! Let me know what you think!
Baked Brie Minis are simple. Brie, puff pastry, cherry jam.
First comes the puff pastry, cut into equally sized rectangles.
Next comes the brie, topped with cherry jam.
And finally, another piece of puff pastry layered over the brie and jam, then sealed and decorated with a fork.
That’s it! Well, almost. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt and then that’s it! Pop it in the oven for about 25 minutes and voila, baked pastry cheesy goodness.
These were a fancy appetizer for a fancy night, but I think they’d be pretty awesome on a Tuesday.
What do you think?
Here’s the recipe!
Baked Brie Minis
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 round brie cheese
- 1/2 cup Cherry jam
- Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take thawed puff pastry and cut along the already folded seams, making three large rectangles. Then cut those rectangles into fourths, making twelve rectangles per sheet. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Add a small piece of brie to twelve of the rectangles. Top with the cherry jam, then top with the remaining twelve pieces. Sprinkle with a little bit of salt, then bake for 25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.